1. Sun Tanning. Where?
- South Bali: Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Echo, Double Six, Canggu, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Tuban, Jimbaran, Balangan, Bingin, Dreamland.
- West Bali: Medewi, Negara, Gilimanuk, Pemuteran, Gondol Beach in Banyupoh, West Bali National Park.
- North Bali: Lovina, Singaraja.
- East Bali: Virgin Beach, Menjangan, Tulamben, Amed, Jemeluk, Candidasa, Padang Bai.
- Southeastern Islands (Take a boat from South Bali): Dream Beach at Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Penida, Nusa Ceningan.
2. Surfing. Where?
- Beginner/Intermediate/Experience Surfers: Kuta Beach, Legian Beach, Batu Bolong Beach – Canggu, Seminyak Beach.
- Intermediate/Experience Surfers: Airport Reef, Kuta Reef, Kuta Beach, Legian Beach, Seminyak Beach, Echo Beach, Berawa Beach, Tanah Lot Beach, Nyanyi/Muara Beach, Front Hotel Beach, Kedungu Beach, Padang Galak Beach, Matahari Terbit Beach, Segara Beach, Sindhu Beach, Merta Sari Beach, Serangan Beach, Sanur Beach, Biaung Beach, Tukad Balian Beach, Madewi Beach.
- Pro-Surfers Skill: Uluwatu Beach, Suluban Beach, Impossible Beach, Balangan Beach, Keramas Beach, Bingin Beach, Padang-Padang Beach, Dreamland Beach, Pererenan Beach.
3. Snorkelling & Diving. Where?
- South Bali: Tanjung Benoa (not as nice as other places).
- North West Bali: Menjangan Island (the Marina National Park).
- East Bali: Tulamben, Amed, Candidasa, Padang Bai.
- Southeastern Islands (Take a boat from South Bali): Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Penida, Nusa Ceningan.
4. Other Water Sports (Parasailing, Jet Ski, Banana Boat, Water Ski, etc.). Where?
So far, Tanjung Benoa is the only place where you can find lots of water sports services. CMIIW. You can visit some water sports companies’ websites to find out prices they offer but I would suggest you to just do some bargaining on the spot to get better price.
5. Off Road Activities. Where?
Beside water sports, you can also do off-road activity in Bali. One of the best spots to do this is in Benel Dam area which is located in Ekasari Village, West Bali and also in Ubud.
6. Trekking and/or Hiking. Where?
- Central Bali: Mount Batur (hiking), Caldera Batur (hiking), Ubud Eco Walking (trekking), Pura Luhur Muncak Sari (trekking), Mount Batukara (trekking), Rice Field and Sarinbuana Village (trekking).
- North Bali (all trekking): Munduk, Empelan Waterfall, Buyan and Tamblingan, Gobleg’s Temples, Pucak Mangu, Bunut (Giant Tree), Jatiluwih, Subak, Waterfall Bonanza.
- East Bali: Mount Agung (hiking).
7. Relaxing and/or Yoga. Where?
- Green Yoga (surrounded by green environment like mountains or rice fields): Ubud
- Yoga on the Beach: Canggu, Tabanan (near Tanah Lot), Uluwatu, Jimbaran, Sanur, Petitenget, Batu Belig and Candidasa.
8. Sight Seeing. Where?
- South Bali: Tanah Lot Temple, Uluwatu, Garuda Wisnu Kencana, Bali Museum and Art Centre in Denpasar, Batu Bulan village, Gulingan Village, Jatiluwih, Jimbaran Bay, Taman Ayun in Mengwi Village, Nusa Lembongan Island.
- Central Bali: Terrace Rice Paddies in Ubud, Ubud Monkey Forest, Ubud Coffee Plantation, Bali Safari and Marine Park, Goa Gajah, Ubud Palace, Puri Lukisan Museum in Ubud, Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal in Ubud, Gunung Kawi in Ubud, Agung Rai Museum of Art in Ubud, Blanco Renaissance Museum in Ubud, Neka Art Museum in Ubud, Mount Batur and Lake Batur in Kintamani, Pura Kehen in Bangli, Pura Ulun Danu Bratan in Bedugul, Gitgit Waterfalls (on the way from Lake Bratan to Singaraja), Kebun Raya Eka Karya Bali Botanical Gardens in Bedugul, Lake Buyan and Lake Tamblingan.
- West Bali: Banyuwedan Hotspring in Pejarakan, Banyupoh Village, Purancak Temple in Perancak. Pulaki and Melanting Temples in Pemuteran, Ekasari Village, Pulaki Temple in Banyupoh, Delod Berawah, Candikusuma Village.
- North Bali: Gedong Kirtya Museum and Library in Singaraja, Ling Gwan Kiong Chinese Temple in Singaraja, The Waterfront Harbour in Singaraja, Dolphin Sighting in Lovina, Pengastulan, Brahma Vihara Arama in Lovina, Air Sanih, Pura Beji.
- East Bali: Mount Agung (Bali’s highest mountain), Pura Besakih, Tenganan, Semarapura, Silayukti Temple near Padangbai Coast, Tirta Gangga Water Palace in Ababi Village, Ujung Water Palace and Taman Ujung Soekasada in Tumbu, Semarapura Castle in Klungkung, Pesaban Village.
9. Shopping. Where?
Basically you can shop everywhere around any tourism places in Bali. It’s pretty easy to find any kind of shops which sell anything you need. But here I would love to give you a list of shopping centre where you can buy things for much cheaper prices and people come here for one aim only: SHOP!
- South Bali: Pasar Seni Kuta (Kuta Art Market), Badung Market, Kumbasari Market, Krisna Bali Shop, Kampung Nusantara, Joger Shop (clothes with unique sentences only).
- Central Bali: Sukawati Market, Guwang Market, Ubud Market, Galuh Art Shop, Celuk (silver only).
- North Bali: Singaraja Central Market.
10. Eating! What?
Just like for shopping, you can eat whatever and anywhere you want but the list below telling you exactly what kind of food you would want to try to have the real Balinese experience. You still can get them in any Balinese restaurant or warung but here I’ll let you know the most famous one (if any).
- Nasi Campur Bali (Balinese Mixed Rice).
- Babi Guling (Roast Suckling Pig). The most famous restaurant which serve this delicious food is Warung Ibu Oka in Ubud.
- Bebek Betutu or Ayam Betutu (Darkened Duck or Darkened Chicken). Famous place: “Ayam Betutu Khas Gilimanuk Bali” restaurant. It has many branches which are spread in South Bali (Nusa Dua, Denpasar, Kuta & Renon). This place also serves other Balinese food such as Nasi Campur Bali, Sate Lilit, Lawar, etc.
- Lawar (Balinese salad: chopped vegetables with minced meat, coconut & spices).
- Sate Lilit (minced seafood satay wrapped around a twig of lemongrass).
- Urutan (Balinese spicy pork sausage).
- Plecing kangkung (kale with spicy shrimp paste and lime.